Thursday, February 20, 2014

Grounds for Divorce

M did the unthinkable.

I got home from work at about 7 AM. M was in the kitchen getting things ready for the day and Pumpkin was being the amazing big brother that he is and was trying to give LL her bottle. Since she was still eating, I decided to go ahead and nurse her before I went to bed. Pumpkin put the bottle with some milk left in it on the counter and I took LL into the living room to nurse. I figured I would leave the bottle for my mom to finish off when she got there if need be since I had pumped not too long before I came home.

M left with Pumpkin and my mom showed up. I told her the bottle was in the kitchen and she could finish feeding LL. When she went in there, it was gone. Correction - it was in the sink... EMPTY. M dumped the rest of my hard earned breast milk down the drain!!!


My pump is not a very good one and it takes it about 45 minutes to almost drain me. It is so frustrating. Not only does it hardly work, it is loud as all get out. Every time I use it I am scared it is going to disturb my patients! So, needless to say, I hate pumping. But I do it, every night, about every 2-3 hours, for an hour, with earplugs in, so that M can feed LL while I am gone. And then he goes and dumps it. I wanted to cry. And scream. And possibly murder him.

It was made pretty darn clear to M tonight when he got home from work that if he EVER dumped breast milk down the drain again, he would be a single man. I don't care if there is only a drop left. That drop probably took a good 10 minutes to get!

I don't think he will ever make the mistake again ;)

Have you had someone dump your milk? Or have you spilled it?

No comments:

Post a Comment