Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Unwanted Baby

Don’t get me wrong, I want this baby, and M wants this baby (minus the crazy hormonal me that goes with it), but we seem to be the only ones that do.
When I got pregnant with Miss L our parents were so excited. They called and congratulated us, and hugged us when they saw us. They asked questions and stayed up to date. Everyone knew they were excited.
The news of this baby did not bring the same excitement though. I think part of it might have been because of our loss, and they were worried, but at 18 weeks, and everything looking good so far, I would think they would be somewhat excited.
No one asks questions. No one stays up to date. No one talks about it, ever. I have had one conversation with MIL and that was when I brought up the subject.
We have some really close friends that found out they were pregnant about a month after we did. A couple weekends ago we went boating with them and the in-laws. FIL was asking her about her pregnancy. I wanted to cry. He hasn’t said a SINGLE WORD to me about mine.
SIL even said the other day that she always forgets that I am pregnant. I have a little belly, so looking at me you can tell. The thing is though, no one talks about it!
I haven’t been asked how I am feeling. How the baby is doing. How our Dr appts are going. NOTHING. I feel that M and I are the only ones that even want this baby, or are excited about it.

(Sorry if formatting is funky. For the past couple weeks I can’t type in Blogger, so I had to type in Word and paste it over!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry no one is being supportive. How unfair! :( Keep your head up though. This is YOUR happiness-don't let others take it from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad for you while reading this... But I guess it must be because of the loss which is why people are kinda afraid to ask how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be, but we are now at 20 wks, I would think they would feel comfortable asking now..? I just don't get it :P

      Delete