Thursday, September 15, 2011

Scheduled Colposcopy

We had our Dr appt today, and it went pretty well. I have only gained 1 pound this past 3 wks, so I was really happy about that.

We talked to Dr K about the HPV and the colposcopy. I had heard some pretty scary things (and yes, I did the bad internet searching too) about getting a colposcopy done while pregnant, so I was (and still am) very scared about doing it. Dr K assured me that it would be ok though, and that she has never seen any issues come up with doing one. So we scheduled it for 3 wks out, at 3 in the afternoon. M will have to work, so he can't go with me, but he is hoping to be done in time to come and get me. If not, its ok, I will be able to drive myself home. The procedure will take about an hour though, so I need to take something fun to do! I think I took music last time...

I also talked to Dr K about delivering vaginally with HPV or having a C-Section. She said that she hasn't heard of any complications with vaginal deliveries, so unless something goes crazy wrong with the cancer, we will stick with a vaginal delivery.

I am so nervous to have this procedure done. I will bleed, and that scares the crap out of me. Bleeding during pregnancy is always a huge red flag, normally meaning miscarriage, so the thought of bleeding, even if its induced by surgery, terrifies me. I guess you have to do what you have to do though. I do know that I will not do anything that may put the baby in danger. I will risk my life first (not that its that serious right now, but just saying!).

This will be another long 3 week wait, but that will put me at 18, almost 19 weeks, which is really exciting! And really close to getting to find out what sex Peanut is!

No comments:

Post a Comment