Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Let Them Be Kids

I follow a page on FB that overall I enjoy, but there have been a few things on it that really upset me. Overall I enjoy the page, they post tons of pictures, some of some really cute stuff. I am not going to name the page because I am not here to bash them, but to simply vent about the things I don't like.

Let me be a little more clear. This page sometimes posts pictures like this:




Aw, cute little girls right? Right. But really? When do little kids where fashion sunglasses and carry designer bags? Sure, Miss L loves to carry her purse, which looks like a fuzzy moose. She also loves her sunglasses that have Hello Kitty on them. And I love getting her dressed in cute little outfits with Princess Sofia on the front of her shirt and her boots that light up when she walks. I love looking at my little kids and seeing little kids. What is wrong with that?

Kids grow up so damn fast, why do we need to push it? And what are we teaching our children by dressing them in designer outfits with all the accessories? What is wrong with letting them stay little? And young? They will get to this place on their own someday, we really don't need to push them there any faster then it already happens.


My stylin girls

No comments:

Post a Comment